So Mark and I both had off on the 4th= a rarity since we work opposite shifts and might connect 2-3 times per week for a few hours. We spent the day test driving a potential new car buy, running errands, walking the dog to the retention pond to run around, doing a few things separately, and then FEASTING on shrimp cocktail, grilled ribeyes, grilled zucinni, corn on the cob, and truffled mashed potatoes (YUM!) As I was saying goodnight to him, we agreed that it had been a wonderful day. He then grabbed a bottle of glue (or something in a tube) and pretended to shoot me with it, laughing menacingly. He said,"I love being a kid". I responded,"I love that you're you". And I do.
We didn't do anything particularly special yesterday--no parade, no party, no big event...just us busting around and being "us". As we were driving, we made up different song lyrics to things on the radio--something we do all the time. Ridiculous lyrics about the dog, bodily functions, the cats, each other--WHATEVER...and we just laughed and carried on. I know that some couples consistently feel like they have to be "doing something"...and that's fine for them. But I have found that even in the rare moments that Mark and I get to spend time together, I'm just as content to hang out w/ him doing mundane things because he'll always make me laugh and we'll have fun just being "us".
We didn't do anything particularly special yesterday--no parade, no party, no big event...just us busting around and being "us". As we were driving, we made up different song lyrics to things on the radio--something we do all the time. Ridiculous lyrics about the dog, bodily functions, the cats, each other--WHATEVER...and we just laughed and carried on. I know that some couples consistently feel like they have to be "doing something"...and that's fine for them. But I have found that even in the rare moments that Mark and I get to spend time together, I'm just as content to hang out w/ him doing mundane things because he'll always make me laugh and we'll have fun just being "us".
No comments:
Post a Comment