Keeping with the Godspell theme from yesterday, "Oh, Bless the Lord, My Soul" is one of my favorite songs. How Providential that this morning, while still reveling in the good feelings from Friday's show, the devotional for the day was from Psalm 103! The accompanying blurb talked about having a "Grace Review" every so often, thanking God for both His temporal mercies and His spiritual mercies daily loaded throughout the years...looking into the rear view mirror of our lives and, in keeping with Psalm 103:2-"Oh, bless the Lord, my soul, forget not all His benefits..." I decided to reflect on a few here.
Temporal: a relatively healthy body, a home we can afford, a job I love and have loved for the last 14+ years, a husband and marriage that is sound, a car that hasn't given me any problems (yet), being able to pay monthly bills on time, happy pets, more than enough clothing/shoes, family within a short drive, family who loves each other and the Lord...
I could go on and on but those were the first few things that came to mind...
Spiritual: saving grace of my soul, June 1981, renewed claim over my life, December 30, 1989, wisdom NOT to marry a few boyfriends along the way, strength to stay pure, peace amidst deaths, nudges to do the right thing, a firm foundation during trials, miracles in my life and the life of others, Angel Bob when my car broke down, plenty of "No"s to prayer requests I thought I wanted...
Why not do your own "Grace Review"? I often do this when I begin praying in the morning, thanking God for the mundane, every day stuff that is a blessing and daily benefit after all (coffee, water to take a shower, my choice of a jillion outfits, only a 20 minute commute to work). What a blessing to the soul when, especially in the midst of hard times, sad times, etc, we take inventory of how gracious He has been...
No comments:
Post a Comment