
I do not like conflict. With anyone. If I'm upset with someone or disagree or if I know someone feels some type of way about me, I try my best to have a "courageous conversation" and express how I feel and come to some resolution.
Sometimes I get in the middle of conflicts between other people and have to be a "side chooser". URGH!? When that happens, often someone ends up not too happy with you because you didn't choose their side.
To further complicate things, I try my best to support BOTH sides equally...which isn't always possible or in the best interests of those involved. Impartiality isn't always an option. And so I often end up feeling like that old toy, Stretch Armstrong, being pulled between 2 camps and trying not to rip apart.
Matthew 5:9 says, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God". I've been pondering this for a few minutes after I typed it...What does it mean to be a peacemaker? Does it mean watering down what you know is right just so everyone is happy? Does it mean not saying much at all to avoid further conflict? Does it mean trying to appease everyone and making it appear as if peace has been reached?
I'm conflicted about this today. I'm currently in an "unpeaceful" situation and I am seeking the Lord for direction. I don't want to compromise the Truth but I also want to be able to feel comfortable at work every day. And beyond peace, I'm seeking Truth itself in this particular situation...Am I right? Is someone else right and I can't see that? Is no one right and WE can't see that?
Life lessons and daily struggles as I try to keep the covenants...and I long to find the correct definition of "peacemaker" so that I can be called a child of God...
No comments:
Post a Comment