As you readers know, I have been patiently waiting for a "cure" in regards to my present job situation...To stay consistent with medical terminology (and to keep myself from getting into hot water!) a "cure" came along quite suddenly a few weeks ago=praise the Lord! It wasn't an ideal cure (to me, anyway), it would be a temporary fix, longevity to be determined on how I respond to it...and it wasn't without a few negative side effects...but a cure nonetheless and I praised God for it...I "unofficially" accepted Cure #1...Hallelujah...?
I was driving to a fundraiser about 2 weeks ago and was praying over this "cure"...and I became teary...and woeful...and "pit-in-my-stomach" upset...and I analyzed it to death--was I being selfish? Didn't I ask for a cure and who am I to argue with God about the less than ideal circumstances around it? Still I was unsettled...
And then last week=BOOM! Cure #2 (maybe!) Ideal, fewer side effects, able to sustain the long run...And my mind went reeling. What! Why!? As I shared the details with my husband he concluded, "God is messing with you". Well, yes...but I like to state it in a more affirmative way, like, God is trying to teach you, stretch you, develop you...
In church on Sunday, one of our lay preachers delivered a great message. One of the passages he highlighted was Isaiah 41:10-"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God". I looked up the word"dismayed" in the Hebrew=to inspect, consider, and be bewildered=ME! Me trying to figure God out, Me looking around in bewilderment, Me fretting over, "What is going on!?" "What does this mean!?"
So I meditated on that verse...and every time my mind went there I reminded myself NOT to be dismayed...because God knows, He sees, and the outcome is already determined=Cure #1 or Cure #2 (the answer I won't know for a while=me learning to continue in patience!) And whatever the outcome, I know it will have been orchestrated by His loving hands...for my good and my growth...even if it is Cure #1 and I can't see the eventual future of that...and in that, I have peace.

No comments:
Post a Comment