Friday, January 27, 2012

Shaken



So a few weeks ago I addressed the issue of what shakes you...Today I experienced an unplanned, unexpected event that totally unravelled much of what I (and others) have tried to create over the last year plus with our YouthBuild program. And in the midst of the chaos, confusion, tears, procedures, policies, and tough talks, what did I come away with that is keeping me sane tonight?


God knew it...He saw it...He allowed it...for a purpose. And my response needs to be in communion with what I know...Going back to my original "Keeping the Covenants" post from Facebook:

2. I have learned not to question God with "why" when stuff happens...I ask "What am I supposed to learn from this"

8. I believe that EVERYTHING that comes into and out of my life is ordered, orchestrated, and filtered by God for the purpose of my good and my growth, whether it's considered by others tragic or unfair or a blessing (see #2)


Thank YOU, Lord, for reminding me of this today...and for all those who read this blog and are inspired (or challenged!) by the content, please keep me and my staff in prayer in the days/weeks ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment