I received news earlier this week that came like a sudden storm...Storm fronts you can see coming, like today on the beach as I sat with the other early Memorial Day revelers, soaking in whatever sun we could before the clouds rolled in...and they did, and a few raindrops fell (so not a storm but still--you knew to go to your car). I wish all storms had visible fronts like the one above so you can see them coming and know to brace yourself, prepare, "Okay--I have XYZ time left before it hits"...
The news came unexpectedly...Although it wasn't about me, it will and does affect me. In an instant I was driven to tears and wailing. I made a call afterwards to another who is also affected and wailed some more...speculated, wondered, supposed, tried-to-figure-out, borrowed angst, and felt miserable. The days this week tat followed have held no less...well, maybe a bit...because what do I do when storms hit? Go with what you know.
And what do I know? (Forgive the repetition of this for you loyal readers that know my mindset) That God is good...that everything that comes into and out of our lives is allowed and is for HIS perfect purpose...that He knows, He sees, and He is there...that "this"--even though it isn't directly happening to me--has some purpose for my good and my growth, even if I can't see it now.
I took time one morning this week to look up verses on trust. The Bible is FULL of them, many I've claimed over the years. But a familiar one was glanced over but then I took another look--Proverbs 3:5-"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding". Why was I trying to figure "this" out? Who was I to try and dissect all the angles and facets of what was happening? Who did I think I was to claim to know what was what???
No one...and I was brought a bit lower by admitting this. God is God and I am not...therefore, I trust...and I will trust. I shared this about 20 minutes ago with the other person who is also affected--a believer--and he/she listened to my humble commentary on the whole matter and gave an emphatic, "Hmmmm...HHHMMM...", like, 'Yeah...I get that..."
This week has not been a happy one. I am sad, upset, and confused...but I'm okay because my feet are planted on SOLID GROUND. And no matter what comes next, whatever sudden storms or storm front s that give a bit of warning come down the pike, I can say with confidence, "(I) trust in the Lord with ALL my heart...and I will lean NOT on my own understanding".

No comments:
Post a Comment