I love my husband...I may not always like the things he does, but I love him. Period. Nothing will ever change that.
A few years ago, I started keeping an "I love when" list. Every so often Mark will do something that warms my heart, surprises me, or gives me that little "twist" in my tummy (the good kind!). I haven't officially shared it with him (and he doesn't read this blog so he probably won't read it hear either) but he knows I keep it. I'd thought about titling it "I Love You Because" or just "I Love" but I decided on the "when"part because it speaks of his actions, things he does. I could go on and on about his character, the defining things I love about him, but "when" is fluid, not all the time...
I have edited the list (to save some readers from reddened cheeks and visuals you do not need) and decided to post it here. The covenant of marriage is a serious one and I take the "for better or for worse" vow seriously. Worse times will come...so I choose to focus on the "better"...and here are some of them:
I Love When…
I love when you hold my hand in public
I love when you give me a wolf whistle even before you see me
I love when you do bonus chores without being asked
I love when you kiss me when we’re dancing
I love when you refer to me as your “lovely wife” or “lovely bride”
I love when you remember some random fact about something I mentioned in the past
I love when I’m sitting with you but you poke, prod, pinch, and play with my face
I love when you begin any word with “um” (umcycle, umbary, umness)
I love when you’re leaving for work and I get to see you looking hot in your work clothes
I love when you wear those turtleneck sweaters
I love when you talk to the animals and you don’t realize I’m listening
I love when you mush up your bottom lip when you feel emotional about something
I love when you tell me about a frivolous purchase you DID NOT buy
I love when you say, ”I look around this room and you are the most beautiful one here”
I love when you make up words to songs
I love when you say, ”What am I gonna have?” when we’re out to eat
I love when you sing in the shower
I love when you take the day off just to spend time w/ me (even when I get frazzled by it)
I love when you call me Sunshine, Baby, Babe-o-licious, Babe-o, or My Very
I love when you dress up (suits!)
I love when you offer me your back to be scratched
I love when you ask my opinion about problems
I love when you unexpectedly made a spiritual/God observation
I love when you cook
I love when you tell me about the cougars at work…and I know 100% that you will ALWAYS come home to me
I love when you get teary at the National anthem
I love when you do the right thing (even when it’s against popular opinion)
I love when you cuddle Gus (my teddy bear) in bed
I love when you call Buddy “Pal”
I love when you point your foot to tease me
I love when you show emotion and aren’t ashamed of it
I love when I have something really important to talk to you about and I know you will listen
I love when you do the trash or wash Marni without being asked
I love when you drink coffee from your Mary Poppins mug
I love when you can admit that you were wrong
I love when you speak well, have good grammar, and general manners
I love when I ask you about something moral or “is this the right thing?” and you reply with an emphatic, “Certainly.”
I love when you want to fall asleep to the History channel
I love when you give me space and that you also take time for you
I love when you keep in touch with your old friends
I love when you are honest when I ask you if something looks good clothes-wise
I love when you try new things (as I write this, it’s hunting)
I love when we spend 15 minutes trying to decide where to go on date night and the Crab Trap is always an accepted default
I love when I wake up in the middle of the night after you’ve been “out” and you are there
I love when you get into a project and you get in the groove of doing it and see it to completion
I love when you use words from "our" language
I love when we are riding in the car together and we don't have to talk...and that's ok
I love when I need to talk and you turn off the TV or at least out it on mute and face me to listen
I love when you unashamedly wear your pink shorts
No comments:
Post a Comment