He still thinks he fits comfortably on our laps...and we let him think that.
He enjoys all his toys and can occupy himself for a good stretch of time...until he wants YOU to play...Then the parade of toys begins, bringing each one to you to throw or pull.
"Marni" his stuffed dog, was supposed to be a comfort friend, which I suppose she is. He chews, lays upon, and humps her throughout the day.
He and Rose have a love/hate relationship going on. She'll preen in front of him and then he'll chase her, both of them howling and fussing.
He loves to play outside.
Last week Cousin Mabel came over to play.
They did ok...
He's 99.9% house broken...he knows all the basics commands and obeys them 98% of the time. He can sleep through "my night" (which means I can go to bed at 7pm and Mark lets him out when he gets home from work around midnight, so he's good to go till 4am when I get up), he hasn't destroyed anything (yet), and has the sweetest disposition. He likes sticks and leaves, he's about 75% with walking on a leash but is world's away from what Marni used to do. He gets in his crate immediately when we tell him to. He's still scared of stairs and is starting to get fussy about his nails being done. If those are the only 2 concerns at this point, so be it.
Mark and I marvel every so often about how good he is and how we can hardly believe it. Just about everyone that comes over to visit also remarks about this ("He's a puppy? He's so good!") I remember going to pick him up though and praying desperately to the Lord for a different experience this time around, for him to be good and for my attitude especially, to be open, tolerant, and more relaxed. So why are we surprised when God answers prayer?
And I love his feet!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment